Matthew 28:19-20

"Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

Monday, October 8, 2012

Answered prayers!! God Hears us!

Do you ever have those times where it seems like God isn't listening? Maybe you have been praying for something so long and its just like, "God..what the heck?!" I know I've had those times. Especially when I want something. I sometimes don't understand why its not happening at this moment. I'm thinking, "what am I doing wrong?..Do I not hear God's voice?" Often times, the Lord uses patience to test us for endurance. Its not that God doesn't hear us, but its that He will answer it when the time comes. Now, don't get me wrong, we have to have a relationship with Jesus. It can't just be, "God give me this.." and then we go off and do our own thing. Jesus always prayed, "May YOUR will be done." That is how we ought to pray...not our will but His. So tonight, we had our family bible study. I have not been there in awhile since I moved into my apartment but in case you don't know, my mom's cousins started a bible study for our family members. The Lord told them to minister to our family and its been going on now for maybe 3 or 4 years. So tonight, we had a discussion about the rapture and giving our life to Christ before its too late. Now for 6 years I was praying for my mom. Since I became saved, I never stopped praying for my mom. I knew she wanted to know the Lord but did not want to give up on her traditions. However, tonight she said, "I want to surrender my life to the Lord." SAY WHAT?!!?? Lord, did you just answer my prayer?!? My mom wants to give her life to the Lord!! PRAISE THE LORD!!! My mom has always been my rock since I was born. She never left my side, even when I came to the Lord, she was definitely confused about it, but she never deserted me. However, tonight she now is beginning to realize what I began to realize 6 years ago. When you pray, pray with faith. Just because it does not happen now, does not mean it won't happen at all. In James 5:16 it says, "The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results." When we pray, we make a difference. The Lord wants us to come to Him and make our requests known. But we have to have the attitude that He is sovereign and whatever happens it is in his control and we must trust Him. Sometimes we just want things our way at that moment, however, God knows the hearts of ALL men. He knows when is right time. You guys, I'm just so stoked on how the Lord loves! Seriously, if you do not know Him, I pray that you come to know Him. Read the scriptures! You will know Him through His word and then you will experience it for yourselves! Just like my mom did! He wrote a love letter to you, so read it before its too late! He will come!! He is coming!! He wants you to come to Him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment